Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday, 6th Week: Room Ballot

It's a political, tactical, "sexually frustrated" (as the Kretch put it) time of the year... the JCR Room Ballot is concluding this evening with the Remainder Ballot - that is, anyone who's not a finalist or in a house.

I wanted a nice North Quad B-grade. I got a nice North Quad B-grade, with the bonus that it's a JCR grade C+, giving me a critical edge in next year's ballot (when I'll be on the Finalists' Ballot... scary!) - I told you it was tactical!

Well, a brief check suggests I will indeed have a mobile phone signal there; whether or not I'll get a DTT signal is undecided. I can always rig up a MythTV backend somewhere high up, if a friend has a higher room... try doing that with your Media "Center" PC without getting a headache or a nasty letter from your bank manager. It's ground floor, which should stop Mum complaining about having to climb lots of stairs.

More later, including an interesting conversation about HAZOP... wait and see...

No comments: