Thursday, October 06, 2005

0th Week, Thursday: A New Blog

Well, today my computer was connected to the network for the first time. And for the first time I have a fast Internet connection! I measured it as 1.6Mbps. Nice.

It's incredible how much paper is distributed in the first few days. How many trees per student, I wonder? And *every* Fresher gets a copy of a 1141-page book entitled "Examination Regulations 2005"... If you've read it, don't tell me how it ends...

Met loads of people, including several from the CU here. Had a debate with one of them about which Star Wars film is best (V, by a narrow margin from III. Controversial? I will return to it in time...)

There's only one other guy doing Computer Science, and he's right across the hall from me (well, through a few doors... I'm not going to try and explain the geometry of the Tommy White building).

This evening is the President's Dinner for Freshers... time to get my suit out. Not cap&gown time yet though!

Life is pretty manic right now, but with Freshers' Week it's to be expected. SJC is a really great place, everyone is friendly (everyone I've met at least) and they like watching Neighbours. No, really.

No comments: