Sunday, October 09, 2005

1st Week, Sunday: Free Food For Freshers!

It occurred to me last night that I've probably eaten about twice my body weight in free food since I arrived in Oxford...

  • Thursday - President's Dinner (3 courses, free)
  • Friday - Curry with college parents (free for the "children"!)
  • Saturday - OICCU freshers' dinner
  • Sunday - CU breakfast, free lunch from St. Aldate's
Tomorrow - free lunch at college. I like studentdom.

Today, visited St. Aldate's church - the first of three or four I'd like to try before settling somewhere. Worship was excellent (led by Martyn Layzell, of published-songs-that-we-sing-at-Cosham-sometimes fame), and it seems a really great place.

Anyway, today was the one and only RAGstonbury at SJC! The best and biggest free music festival to be held today at St. John's! My college "parents", Kelly and Steve, were one of the better acts (see photo)... and the ukelele man (I think his name was James) will go down in the history books.

Apparently, I might actually have to go to things called "lectures" tomorrow. I wonder if there's food there...

No comments: