Saturday, March 11, 2006

8th Week: The End, again

Well, it's about half past midnight as I write these words: term is officially over. The second of my Oxford life, Hilary Term seemed about three times as long and at least twice as hard as Michaelmas. The OICCU mission, "Love, Actually" (note the comma) was a whole month ago, and the last time I got to bed before 2am seems just as long (actually, it was Tuesday).

None of which has stopped me from playing around with the design of this blog, sharpening up my web skills for a project I have lined up for over Easter. Watch this space. Hope you like the new template.

So, what plans do I have for the immediate future? Aside from sleep, I'm staying in Oxford for a few days, as my parents can't pick me up until Thursday. I'm using this time to go and visit Andrea in Loughborough, as well as make sure all my notes are in order and present (and, perhaps, finally buy a folder for Logic and Proof...)

At the other end of the "vac" (shaken or otherwise), the OICCU Reps' Conference is in Ledbury. In case I've failed to mention it previously, I'm one of the two new CU reps (with Dave Howie) for St. John's College. It's going to be a big year... I've already been given moderator privileges to the mailing list, and of the two major E-mails I've sent out so far, both have contained at least one major reference to food.

So, sleep, end of term, pizza, Andrea, what else? Oh, yes, I've yet to conclude the ChoicesUK at War saga.

A long time ago, on a website far, far away...

It is a grave time for the ChoicesUK website. Rebel agents, striking from a hidden base, have won their first major battle against the suppliers.

During the battle, trade disruption led many users to order from other companies, such as the excellent CD-WOW. Angered by these defections, the ChoicesUK Emperor made an express effort to deliver the orders before such users could cancel them.

Now, with two copies of Empire at War on my desk, I must choose which one to send back, and return peace and order to the galaxy...


In fact, as the CD-WOW one was a) 2CD, rather than DVD, and b) £3 more expensive, that's the one that's going back. Plus the ChoicesUK one had a seven-day return window, rather than a thirty-day one. Useful, as it's been about two weeks already... Time flies when you're in that peculiar part of the Trousers of Time that is Oxford.

No comments: